The Steering Committee is the chief governing body of the ACUPCC and is responsible for guidance, policy and direction of the ACUPCC. It is comprised of 20+ volunteers that reflect the diversity of higher education.
Wim Wiewel, Chair
Portland State University
Paul Ferguson, Vice Chair
University of Maine
Gateway Technical College
Millersville University of Pennsylvania
Milwaukee Area Technical College
Arizona State University
Mt. Hood Community College
Rochester Institute of Technology
Western Michigan University
Green Mountain College
Frostburg State University
Jo Ann Gora
Ball State University
Nancy Oliver Gray
California State University, Northridge
University of New Hampshire
University of Minnesota-Morris
Agnes Scott College
George Washington University
Chandler-Gilbert Community College
Paul Smith’s College of Arts and Sciences
Gifford Pinchot III
Bainbridge Graduate Institute
Bristol Community College
Black Hills State University
Emory & Henry College
Presidio School of Management
Central Community College
Delaware State University
Second Nature is the supporting organization of the ACUPCC. The Second Nature team provides the following support to signatories:
- Implementation Support, including direct telephone support for ACUPCC signatories; identification and development of climate action planning resources; and management (together with AASHE) of the online reporting system.
- Organizing of events, including the annual Climate Leadership Summit, as well as workshops and webinars throughout the year.
- Outreach to Presidents and other senior leaders with resources and opportunities to help them advance sustainability.
- Providing administrative support to the Steering Committee.
- Development and distribution of resource guides (in partnership with dozens of key experts), including a voluntary carbon offsets protocol, academic guidance with hundreds of examples of successful sustainability education efforts, and a document to help presidents understand and develop the skills to lead profound change initiatives such as the ACUPCC.
- Communications, including media outreach to publicize the power of the network and activities of member schools; management of the ACUPCC web site; development and dissemination of the monthly Implementer newsletter; and creation and distribution of the annual report.
Second Nature is a non-profit organization that works to develop the national capacity of colleges and universities to make the principles of sustainability the foundation of all learning, practice, and collaboration with local communities.