The Steering Committee is the chief governing body of the ACUPCC and is responsible for guidance, policy and direction of the ACUPCC. It is comprised of 20+ volunteers that reflect the diversity of higher education.
Wim Wiewel, Chair
Portland State University
Paul Ferguson, Vice Chair
Ball State University
Gateway Technical College
Millersville University of Pennsylvania
Milwaukee Area Technical College
Arizona State University
Mt. Hood Community College
Rochester Institute of Technology
Western Michigan University
Green Mountain College
Frostburg State University
Nancy Oliver Gray
University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
California State University, Northridge
University of New Hampshire
University of Minnesota-Morris
Agnes Scott College
George Washington University
Chandler-Gilbert Community College
Bristol Community College
Emory & Henry College
Presidio Graduate School
Central Community College
Delaware State University
California State University, Chico
The ACUPCC is a signature program of Second Nature. The Second Nature team provides the following support to signatories:
- Implementation Support, including direct telephone support for ACUPCC signatories; identification and development of climate action planning resources; and management of the online reporting system.
- Organizing of events, including the annual Climate Leadership Summit, as well as workshops and webinars throughout the year.
- Outreach to Presidents and other senior leaders with resources and opportunities to help them advance sustainability.
- Providing administrative support to the Steering Committee.
- Development and distribution of resource guides (in partnership with dozens of key experts), including a voluntary carbon offsets protocol, academic guidance with hundreds of examples of successful sustainability education efforts, and a document to help presidents understand and develop the skills to lead profound change initiatives such as the ACUPCC.
- Communications, including media outreach to publicize the power of the network and activities of member schools; management of the ACUPCC web site; development and dissemination of the monthly Implementer newsletter; and creation and distribution of the annual report.
Second Nature is a non-profit organization that works to proactively build a sustainable and positive global future through initiating bold commitments, scaling successful actions, and accelerating innovative solutions among leadership networks in higher education.